Teaching Course for students in College of Education
Sungkyunkwan University's College of Education was founded to foster secondary school teachers with good personality as well as academic aspects.
In order to foster such a well-rounded teacher, we conduct “Sado Cultivation Course”
The education system encourages students to recognize the basic mind of educator.
1. Graduating requirements for students in College of Education
- 1) College of Education is a university established to foster teachers, so students can only graduate if they obtain a teaching certificate.
- 2) Students in College of Education must complete teaching course.
- 3) Students in College of Education must complete all the required courses for teaching certificate until the last semester.
- 4) At the last semester, students have to submit a non-examination application for teaching certificate.
2. Qualifying for non-examination application
For the application of a non-examination, students have to complete their major including basic course that the ministry of education has selected and the teaching course. In addition, they must pass established teaching aptitude test during the school year and complete the first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation course.
Teaching Course for students who aren’t belong to College of Education
This refers to the process of obtaining a teaching certificate, which is installed in a subsidiary major other than College of Education. The purpose of this course is to foster teachers with basic knowledge of teachers, teaching methods, knowledge and qualifications related to education, and the corresponding major knowledge.
1. Qualification of getting teaching course and application method
- 1) Receive a major assignment based on one’s aptitude with a teaching course installed.
- 2) At the end of the second semester of the second year (middle of November), students who want to get in teaching course submit an application. Applicants are selected based on their grades, personalities, aptitude and qualifications.
- 3) The results will be announced before the first semester of 3rd grade.
- 4) The selected students must complete all required courses and test for teacher's qualification by the second semester of the fourth grade.
- 5) Foreign students can obtain Korean teaching certificates through the teaching course. However, they are not allowed to take the examination for the appointment of secondary school or become teachers of the national public schools.
2. The teaching profession
Those who are expected to obtain teaching certificate must complete all the required curricular courses by the end of the school year and submit a non-examination application at the end of the school year.
3. Qualifying for non-examination application
For the application for a non-examination, students have to complete their major including basic course which the ministry of education has selected and the teaching course. In addition, they must pass established teaching aptitude test during the school year and complete the first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation course.